Nowadays youth is drawn toward the trading revolution due to the advancement in technology and the rapid growth of Indian stock markets. A Stock Trading account acts as a financial platform for your trading purposes and online platforms allow you to do it in a blink of an eye. Nowadays it is very easy to open a trading account, with a safe and secure gateway, on the online platforms of the stock broking companies. This article would focus on the details of what a trading account is and how it works.
Meaning of a Trading Account
A straightforward answer to the question of what is trading account can be explained as – a trading account means a type of investment account that keeps your stocks stored in a digital/electronic format. You can use it for buying and selling in intraday trading sessions. There are several different types of trading accounts you can choose from, depending on your needs.
How do trading accounts work?
A trading account is used to offer you a platform to trade and buy or sell shares using funds. The trading account acts as a link between your bank account and the Demat account for the investors. To start stock market trading in India, you need to open a Trading Account. You can trade intraday only with your trading account. All transactions involving your shares are handled through your trading account. Using your trading account, you can buy and sell shares in a variety of companies.
- Trading Account Stock Buying Process –
- When you buy a stock, money is transferred from your bank account to your trading account.
- Your broker transfers the funds from your trading account to the seller’s trading account.
- The shares are credited to the buyer’s Demat account after the transaction is completed.
- In T+1 days, the shares are credited to your Demat account.
- This information is easily accessible in your Demat account’s holdings tab.
- Trading Account Stock Selling Process –
- When you sell a company’s stock, the shares are transferred from your Demat account to the buyer’s Demat account.
- In addition, the money is transferred from the seller’s trading account to yours.
- After that, you can transfer the funds to your bank deposit account.
Overall, your bank account is required to be linked to your trading account for trades in the stock market and equities are transferred to and from your trading account.
How to open a trading account?
Below are the steps to open trading account –
- Step 1
Select the broker company based on your investment needs with a trading platform that is interactive, simple, attractive and with an intuitive interface.
- Step 2
Compare the different plans of each broker and before making a final decision on any broker, its fees should be checked and tested.
- Step 3
When you sign up for a trading account, you will need to fill out and submit an application form and a KYC form with your personal details and necessary documents.
- Step 4
When data is submitted by trading account applicants, the data is verified to assess any potential fraud.
- Step 5
Once you meet the initial documentation requirements, your trading account is ready to trade stocks. Your account details are available on the platform and your trading account is ready for trading.
Through this blog, we have seen what is trading account and how it works. The trading account controls the intraday transactions of the trader and includes security and cash transactions. Having a trading account is a must if you want to trade efficiently and successfully in trading stocks, currency and other assets. Soon visit your broker’s website and open your trading account immediately!